On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 12:14:25AM -0800, Ling Li wrote:

> I spent several hours investigating why lyx-qt cannot display math fonts

Expect to spend several more.

> src/frontends/qt2/qfont_loader.C. But the names from the pfb fonts are
> "Computer Modern," which in my opinion is more correct. But since lyx-qt

Now see if you can work out how to ask for each of the individual fonts,
since they have the same name. Look at the Qt API and how it requests
fonts. Spend some time reading the Qt font loader source in detail.

Then try it on several Qt versions from different distributions (several
Red Hat versions behave differently). Try it under different locales.
Try Qt versions with/without ft support (different versions of 3.x
behave differently).

Finally, try loading all symbols and check that they are all a) visible
b) displayed using correct metrics c) correct glyph for every symbol

Let me put it this way: if it can work, then the several days I've spent
hacking this stuff over the years isn't yet enough.

regards
john

--
"Spammers get STABBED by GOD." - Ron Echeverri