Andre Poenitz wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:38:38PM +0100, Georg Baum wrote:
>> I agree that being too clever should be avoided. However, I am not sure
>> wether this is a case of beeing too clever. The problem is:
>>
>> a) A relative name in the .lyx file should be translated to a relative
>> name in the .tex file
>> b) An absolute name should stay absolute.
>>
>> a) enables the user to easily move files around (or work with several
>> authors under cvs control), and b) is currently required in some cases if
>> we want to output the filename without the extension. This requirement
>> vanishes hopefully soon, but there might be others, maybe platform
>> specific.
>>
>> How do you want to achieve this if you have one variable with the
>> absolute name and one with the relative name and don't know anymore what
>> the user entered?
>
> Well, one has to keep track of what the user entered somehow?

Now I am confused. The line in lib/external_templates that defines the latex
output for the raster image template reads now

Product "\\includegraphics$$Arg{$$Basename}"

How would you change it if you don't want the variable to contain
automatically the right filename?
BTW, I have to correct myself, we don't only need to change $$FName, but
also $$Basename. So having an $$Absolutename for editing/converting is
probably a good idea.

> Or are you refering to a lyx2lyx problem to decide which one was meant?

No.

Georg