Alfredo> which is more compact (and simpler to code), but it's a bit
Alfredo> disconcerting that text that comes before (the footnote)
Alfredo> shown actually after (weell, it not so uncommon for
Alfredo> footnotes). This could be mitigated by giving more visual
Alfredo> uniformity between inset & button.

I think that even in the case where there is no text after the button,
there should be better uniformity. On your snapshot7, it does not seem
obvious to me that the button and the text below are the same thing.
What if I have a ref inset on the same line? What button goes with the
frame?