On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 11:34:02PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
>
> > Same behaviour.
> >
> > I just figured out that it "works", but somehow takes a larger amount of
> > time _per file_ in each interaction. A 'cvs commit' is actually quite
> > fast, but 'cvs update' takes about 10s per file before anything is
> > printed on the screen. So I got the impression of a 'hang' when 'cvs up'
> > on the whole tree...
>
> A shot in the dark: maybe you have copied manually a whole cvs tree
> forgetting to copy access times?

That's indeed the case, but I've done so before and never noticed a
problem. But when I think about it, I might have never tried it over
a modem line...

> Then cvs gets confused and all files have to pass over the wire...

Sounds like an explanation. Thanks.

Any idea how to correct the situation without a complete new checkout?
Should I try to use the dates from CVS/Entries?

Well, I'll just have a look...

Andre'