On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 03:12:22PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Andre> Not really. In fact, I'd drop insetAllowed at some point of
> Andre> time and rather 'allow' any kind of inset nesting but
> Andre> render/export 'illegal' combinations in some special way
> Andre> ('Inset type foo not allowed here').
>
> So, you keep insetAllowed, actually, but you use it in different
> places.

Partially, yes.

> I think we should prevent insertion (disable the lfun) when an
> inset does not make sense, but never delete an existing inset.

So you end up in an somehow inconsistent state. Or, at least, two
different situations depending on whether you tried to insert the
forbidden inset directly or coverted some environment.

My proposal would result in a more 'uniform' outcome as far as I can
tell (and leads to simpler code...)

Andre'