Angus> Asger Kunuk Ottar Alstrup wrote:
>>> I think I'm confused. Implementing per-document external template
>>> definitions would change the lyx format. Or are you talking only
>>> about the GUI that would be used to input the template?
>>  I'm only taking about the GUI that can be used to make and edit
>> templates.
>>
>> I do not think per-document external templates are very important.
>> Instead, I think LyX should bundle a truck load of templates.

Angus> These two statements are contradictory. If I edit a template,
Angus> then I want my collaborator to use my edited template, no? The
Angus> way to do that is to bundle the template with the document.

Something like word macros, right? And with a special "virus"
template, maybe?

I do not think this is a good idea.