Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Do you have xforms cvs?

no (and that is probably good since I now caught the problem myself,
and didn't have to debug somebody elses problem)

| If my testing doesn't throw up any problems,
| I'm going to commit the attached patch. It gives you improved
| diagnostics.

nice

| The cvs version of fdesign will already enable you to run
| $ fdesign -dir <destdir> -convert <srcdir/>form_aboutlyx.fd
>
| For example:
>
| Testing shows that running the cvs version of fdesign from the build
| dir (!= src dir) so:
| fdesign -convert
| /home/angus/lyx/devel/src/frontends/xforms/forms/form_external.fd
>
| works, shoving form_external.[ch] in the same directory as the .fd
| file.

I don't agree with that behaviour.

| Moreover, running (again from the builddir != src dir):
>
| fdesign -dir . -convert
| /home/angus/lyx/devel/src/frontends/xforms/forms/form_external.fd

is the -dir . needed? IMHO it shouldn't be.
fdesign should just output its files to PWD

| shoves form_external.[ch] in the build dir.
>
| Ie, current cvs does all that you want of it.

Good. But until we require xforms 1.1 we will need the work-around.

--
        Lgb