On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:52:11PM +0200, Andreas Vox wrote:
> Hi José !

  Hi,
     I now that I'm sending this message twice, but my last message took
several hours to arrive, and I don't want to repeat the process.

> I checked out 1.4.0cvs and finally got it to compile on MacOSX.
>
> I also found the Format dialog, no problem.
> The main PITA was to install all the right SGML and XML files and get
> the catalogs right so that sgmltools and saxon work (I mainly use SGML
> right now but want to switch to XML soon).

  That is fair. In the previous message I told you how to produce xml.

> My current grievance is that the exported files contained a lot of
> <dummy> elements. At first I thought, well, it's just its way about
> telling me that I dont no S*** about Docbook. But this afternoon I
> found out that LyX produces _all_ the elements with the latex names
> from stdclass.inc even if it says I got a "book (Docbook SGML)" class.
>
> Does SGML/XML work fpr you with the current CVS version or is it just
> Mac again?

  Could you send an example, the original lyx file as well as the resulting
sgml...

  FWIW here follows a minimal xml file produced by lyx:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>

<article lang="en_US">
<!-- XML file was created by LyX 1.4.0cvs
  See http://www.lyx.org/ for more information -->
<para>
.
</para>

</article>

> I also found (in an earlier version) that the insets for references and
> anchors don't produce closed element tags ("<anchor ... />") for XML.
> Do you want me to provide a patch?

  That depends on the flavour used, that should show up for the sgml version
but not for the xml one.

> Another glitch are the standard labels from LyX which contain a colon
> (eg "sec:introduction"). OpenJade complains about that in ID attributes
> and if if I recall correctly XML is also quite picky about it ID
> attributes.
> Shouldn't we normalize  these labels when exporting to SGML / XML? I
> saw a function getDocbookLabel() somewhere, would that be the place?

  That seems a reasonable project...

--
José Abílio Matos
LyX and docbook a perfect match. :-)