Georg> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>> You can now. Of course, we want to add more people to the list of
>> bugzilla helper. So if you want to help, ask now!

Georg> Dumb question (but meant seriously): Why does such a list exist
Georg> at all? Is it documented somewhere on the bugzilla pages?

Users have privileges. I have the privilege of changing users
privilege :) It is like for cvs access, we grant it as needed.

I am not sure it would be a good thing to allow everybody to confirm
bugs.

Note that mozilla does not grant everybody this right either:
http://www.mozilla.org/quality/help/unconfirmed.html