On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 01:37:50PM +0200, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> > I wonder if we shouldn't make this a real InsetThanks then.
>
> I don't want to separate it on the ui-side (users should not bother whether to
> use \thanks or \footnote, since it is basically the same concept). Moreover,
> this separation would be very LaTeX-centric, and I cannot imagine that this
> would please you ;-)

  I am forced to agree with Jürgen here.
  Note that sometimes the thanks are not used to thank anyone but simply to
carry the address, or other special note. As it would be done if you could
use footnotes on author.

  The problem is that thanks is too specialized, with no other counterpart.

--
José Abílio Matos
LyX and docbook a perfect match. :-)