José Abílio Oliveira Matos wrote:
> > BTW, as to your latest change: I think we should not allow paragraph
> > breaks in the char style inset at all (leads to LaTeX error also and is
> > not what inline insets are designed for IMO).
>
>   I agree. It doesn't make sense for an inline element to have paragraphs
> inside, because then it would not be an inline element. :-)

I think all we need to do is to supress LFUN_BREAKPARAGRAPH,
LFUN_BREAKPARAGRAPHKEEPLAYOUT and LFUN_BREAKPARAGRAPH_SKIP ins
InsetCharstyle::priv_dispatch (and maybe post a message to the minibuffer).
I'll have a look.

> > Alternatively, we could close the macro/tag and
> > reopen in a new paragraph. But that would be much more tricky i guess.
>
>   Is it necessary? I don't think so. :-)

Would be convenient if the above would just leave the inset, begin a new
paragraph and open a new inset. But not necessary.

Jürgen