José Abílio Oliveira Matos wrote:

> cutting the nonsense and being objective what needs to be done to release
> a stable 1.4.0?
>
> Is it reasonable to have a HEAD that has problems while Alfredo is fixing
> the bugs in the other branch?
>
> Looking in bugzilla for bugs related with 1.4.0, blocker, critical, major
> and normal I see 22. Is this up to date? What needs to be done to clean
> this?
>
> What are the subjects that other developers are working and would like to
> have fixed before 1.4.0 release?

I am have scanned bugzilla regularly recently and, if I could not fix them,
tried to at least verify the status of the critical and major bugs. There
are indeed not much that need to be fixed urgently (lots are
"fixedintrunk", others ar long-time bugs), but bugzilla is probably indeed
not up to date.
My next target is bug 1682 (including the implementation of proper
validators for qt). Wrt to the other major bugs, I fear I cannot do
anything ATM.

What needs to be done beneath fixing the crashes is: getting the merge
feature in a workable state again.

I try to check if all features are still working. Haven't tried branches and
friends for a long time now.

Jürgen