I finally had a look at why the xforms frontend is slower than qt in
CoordBranch. For some reason, XWorkarea sends every PRESS event inmediately
followed by an unexistent RELEASE event, even with wrong coordinates
(negatives). THis explains why selection doesn't work in xforms as well...

Now, I don't get why does the xforms frontend behaves different in
CoordBranch than in HEAD...

The only possible explanation I see is that the XForms frontend does some
mangling to the events using the scrollbar (I see this in DRAG events, but
not in PRESS or RELEASE) and the scrollbar code has indeed changed.

Still i'm really puzzled by where does that RELEASE event comes from.

Anyways, I think that this may be one of the last regressions of CoordBranch
wrt HEAD, so I need testers to ascertain this please...

Current known bugs wrt HEAD:

- a coordinates related crash related to mouse selection (hard to trigger -
please give me instuctions to get it if you can)
- cursor visual positioning in math is messed up (getCursorPos needs
implementation in several math insets)
- the scrollbar "approximation" code needs some tuning

Please report every other change wrt to HEAD

To test:

move an existing lyx-devel tree to CoordBranch by using

cvs update -r CoordBranch

inside the tree *or* download a new full CoordBranch lyx-devel tree by
adding -r CoordBranch with your usual checkout command

(for anoncvs I think that would be
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/lyx login
with password "lyx"
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/lyx checkout -d
lyx-coordbranch -r CoordBranch lyx-devel
to put it in a dir named "lyx-coordbranch")

Thanks, Alfredo