John> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:02:20PM +0200, Martin Vermeer wrote:
>> What about adding a panel Preferences->Language
>> Settings->Hyphenation shortly explaining this?

John> Hmm, not a fan...

>> It could even compile a short test file in the background
>> extracting the phrase "hyphenation patterns for ... loaded" from
>> the log. (or Reconfigure could do that.)

John> If we can test the case, then we can Edit->Reconfigure warn the
John> user indeed.

The information about what languages have hyphenation can go into
LaTeXConfig.lyx. If LyX knew what hyphenation table is needed for each
language, we could even imagine to show in the interface which
languages have proper hyphenation.