Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>
>> Angus Leeming <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>
>> | I've just upgraded to Fedora Core 3 (and run up2date) and find that
>> | running autogen.sh (on the 1.4.x tree) produces this output (below).
>> | The suggested links simply describe how to go about writing aclocal
>> | macros.
>>>
>> | Does anybody else run FC3? See the same problem? Done anything about
>> | it?
>>
>> I am. and have not seen any of this.
>
| Interesting.

Note that I only comment on 1.4.

>> | /usr/share/aclocal/linc.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of
>> | AM_PATH_LINC
>> | AM_PATH_LIBRSVG
>> | /usr/share/aclocal/libole2.m4:18: warning: underquoted definition of
>> | AM_PATH_LIBOLE2
>> | /usr/share/aclocal/linc.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of
>> | AM_PATH_LINC
>> | AM_PATH_LIBRSVG
>> | AM_PATH_LIBOLE2
>>
>> Report bugs to fedora or directly to package owners.
>
| The strange thing is that you don't get these warnings. Yet our aclocal
| should be identical.

Could it be an artifact of what devel packages you/I have installed?

>> | Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request"
>> | at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 112.
>> |        lib/reLyX
>> | Can't locate object method "path" via package "Request"
>> | at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/C4che.pm line 69, <GEN1> line 112.
>> | done.
>> | Building lib/configure ... done.
>>
>> I have seen these bug are not sure about them.
>
| These last warnings have gone away now that I have cleaned out all the
| cached files from a previous build.
>
| Anyway, I have successfully built 1.3.x, xforms and qt, and am currently
| building 1.4.x, xforms and qt. Just entered the src/insets directory. So,
| there doesn't appear to be anything fatally wrong.

There shouldn't. This is basically the first thing I test on new
releases of distributions I use. And also the first thing I fix.
But on FC3 I am only compiling xforms (and qt occasionally)

But if you read my bug reports from yesterday, you see that actual
bugs are found by using newer compiler with support for debug builds.
(I only have to track them down.)

--
        Lgb