On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:42:38AM +0000, John Levon wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 10:38:12PM +0100, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
>
> > Humm... right this is fault of the new coord scheme: now we don't know the
> > full doc height so we cannot accurately compute the scrollbar height. I
>
> BTW, why did you decide to go this route, when other word processors can
> keep accurate scrollbars? I'm sure there's a good reason, I'd just like
> to hear it

Accurate is in the eye of the beholder. Most people would not be able to
tell the difference between 'good estimate' and 'exact value' especially
if it comes to sub-pixel differences. But I know you have special
abilities in this field.

I'll give you a real answer when you tell me first why other word
processors need more than ten seconds to start up and twenty more
seconds to load a 100 page document when LyX can do it in three seconds.

Andre'