Trying to build the latest CVS of lyx-140 in Mac OS X forced rerunning configure, which fails. I get variants of the following error with each of ostream, istream, sstream, locale, ios, and Aiksaurus:

checking ostream usability... no
checking ostream presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ostream: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ostream: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ostream: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] ##
checking for ostream... yes

The result is a failure to find the Qt library name.

I'm using gcc-3.3 (the latest version from Apple, which I installed several weeks ago, with no problems then). (These problems do not occur for gcc-3.1.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bennett