Here's some notes of my experiences trying to build LyX on Windows having
applied my 'packaging' patch which itself contains Jean-Marc's changes to
the configuration stuff.

Angus, could you please repost the very latest version of your patch? (Thanks!)

Executive summary: with a little tweaking it works --- almost. By which I
mean, I can create a LyX executable that does all the right things (so far
I've only tried to run it from the build directory) but 'make install' is
failing at the moment. Spaces in paths...

What is even more important than supporting install paths with spaces is supporting document paths with spaces! At least LyX 1.3.5 (compiled with cygwin) did not support them

Michael