On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:41:56AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Uwe Stöhr wrote:
>
> > Andre Poenitz wrote:
> >
> > > Indeed. Having it in the UserGuide only serves people masochistic enough
> > > to read it either as .lyx in a text editor before installation or after
> > > installation to see what might have sped up the installation...
> >
> > You are right, I dropped this now.
>
> I though if the goal is to have a printed book, then the installation
> should be covered also.

Putting that in a book about lyx seems to be the right thing, but
it still doesn't need to be in the UserGuide.

A book can, for example, include the userguide as one part and
installation information as another.

Or, as an alternative, the userguide could include verbatim
the textfile that describes installation.

Helge Hafting