Martin> Your name only shows an ø if in "Western" encoding. In Unicode
Martin> it becomes a little square.

Martin> Is it good practice to embed an &oslash; object? What do w3
Martin> say?

On a realted topic, I have this strange bug with mozilla and firefox
that strings containing diacritical characters just do not display
(for example names of people in bugzilla.lyx.org) or Lars' name in the
present case. What is interested is that I can see the part of the
name without accents by selecting the blank string I have. It is
obviously an encoding problem of some sort, but I wonder whether it is
on my side.

Actually, is there a reason why firefox reports the LyX pages as
UTF-8, whereas they are typed in iso8859-1?