On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 03:45:00AM +0000, Andreas Vox wrote:

> What, *any* of those? Doesn't your orthography comittee tell you which
> one is the right one? Ours would.

Yeah, but no one pays any attention to them. :)

Besides, that's an informal enough phrase, anyhow, so as not to
have nor need a fixed orthography.

> <
> < "Ok, dokey" is an affirmative reply to someone named, "dokey".  ;)
> <
>
> In that case our othography committee would tell us to use uppercase
> for "Dokey".

Yeah, well, so would ours, but people spell their names all sortsa
ways.  I guess they could be called, "dokey" (pronounced "D/oh-/key,"
not "d/oo/key") withouth that being the actual name or anything.  ;)

> But of course German kids are not allowed -- by law -- to be
> baptized "Dokey" anyway.

Most sensible.  But here in the US, we have so many people with
ancestors hailing from so many parts of the world that just about any
name will work.  As long as it's not similar sounding to something
lewd or some other word that schoolmates can use to taunt the poor
dear with.  And Amerrricans train their kids to be cruel.

>  Maybe a typo for "Okay, do key" ? Can you say "do key" instead of
> "press key" ?

Also possible.  Hand't thought of that, tho.  ;)

--
John Weiss