Kuba Ober <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> | I think we could have saved some time, if we were able to work both on a
>> | single document at the same time. So I  propose a
>> | server-client-architecture for LyX that works in the same way as the
>> | "team modus" of starcraft. One opens a server with the document to edit
>> | and other people connect. This could also be usefull for visualisation if
>> | you want to discuss with a remote person.
>>
>> Actaully this wouldn't be _that_ hard, it is all about having a nice
>> protocol between the gui and the core. I guess I could do it in a
>> week. This also fits quite well with some other cleanup that I'd
>> really like to do, but there are problems as well... security is one.
>
| Man, if you can do it in a week and it works then I'm donating a case of good
| beer (or a monetary equivalent) to the cause (seriously).
>
| I didn't know LyX was that clean internally. For most other apps that would
be
| close to a rewrite of the core parts.

Perhaps I am a bit too optimistic :-)

The main work (before splitting in a server and client) would be to
change the interface between "core" and the frontends, turn it around
so to speak. This is something I have been wanting to do anyway...

We are not that squeaky clean internally, but the core/gui separation
is pretty good.

--
        Lgb