Angus Leeming wrote:
Incidentally, has an experienced Windows hand like yourself not got any
suggestions for what I should do to handle SIGINT on Windows?

I say, forget about it. I do not think Ctrl+C normally sends an interrupt for Windows applications. I think it only happens for console applications, or in extreme situations where some malicious process sends such a signal intentionally.

I have some questions for you:

The intl\ folder contains a gnu gettext library. However, I need some generated files like "libintl.h" and probably more before that compiles. Could I have a copy?

In globbing.C, you include <glob.h>. This does not exist on Windows. What is this?

In gzstream.C, we require zlib, but it does not seem we have any checks for that.

In forkedcontr.h and forkedcall.h, we use the pid_t type, which does not exist on Windows. Any ideas? I guess, this is stuff for the os_win32.h header. In general, all that forking and signal stuff needs a reworking, but I guess that was on your plate.

In FileInfo, we use a bunch of Unix specific things, like mode_t and all the permission constants R_OK, W_OK, X_OK and F_OK. Any ideas for those?

Finally, I get a bunch of compile errors:

QMathMatrixDialog.C
c:\lyx\lyx-devel\src\frontends\qt2\QDialogView.h(113) : error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'lyx::frontend::QMathDialog *' to 'QDialog *'
Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\xmemory(156) : while compiling class-template member function 'QDialog *lyx::frontend::QView<GUIDialog>::form(void) const'
with
[
GUIDialog=lyx::frontend::QMathDialog
]
c:\lyx\lyx-devel\src\frontends\qt2\QDialogView.h(150) : see reference to class template instantiation 'lyx::frontend::QView<GUIDialog>' being compiled
with
[
GUIDialog=lyx::frontend::QMathDialog
]
c:\lyx\lyx-devel\src\frontends\qt2\QMath.h(25) : see reference to class template instantiation 'lyx::frontend::QController<Controller,Base>' being compiled
with
[
Controller=lyx::frontend::ControlMath,
Base=lyx::frontend::QView<lyx::frontend::QMathDialog>
]

Any ideas for those?

Incidentally, I'm at 411 errors and 180 warnings now.

Thanks.
Asger