Hello LyXers,

because some of you complain about the BaKoMa-license, I tried another way:

My MikTeX comes with the cm-fonts in Type1 format (pfb-files) created by bluesky. I compiled the fonts for win2000 and winXP as installable pfm-files.

Compiling for both systems was necessary because the font handling is slightly different:
WinXP doesn't accept the Win2000-compiled fonts ("no installable font"). And Win2000 complains about the WinXP-compiled fonts ("the author of this font doesn't want to convert it to ttf") but installs them correctly and they work with LyX.

You can download the font packages from

http://fkurth.de/uwest/LyX/LyXWinMathT1Win2000.rar
and
http://fkurth.de/uwest/LyX/LyXWinMathT1WinXP.rar

NOTE: You have to deinstall the corresponding ttf's before intalling the pfm's!

Note2: When you test the fonts with LyX, you'll see that the big operators appear too high. I thaught it was fixed in LyX 1.3.5-nc - the XFT-ttf doesn't have this problem.
To get well working fonts, replace the cmex10.pfm by the cmex10.ttf from my font-package.

Could somebody please test the fonts?

At last the license issues:
I wasn't able to find the license of bluesky, does somebody know it?
I assumed they are free, because they are shipped with the minimal installation of MikTeX.

regards Uwe

p.s. please CC answers directly to me