On 28.01.05, G. Milde wrote:
> On 28.01.05, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> >
> > The contents of figure floats is nothing special, so it is left-right
> > justified by default. Therefore, when including a graphics in there,
> > it should be centered by hand.
> >
> > Maybe people would be less annoyed by this if we had a lfun to change
> > paragraph alignment (with key bindings).
>
> This would be a nice thing indeed. A workaround for current LyX 1.3.x would
> be a Centred-Standard layout style

I did not consider the center-environment problem. Setting the
alignment to center (in 1.3.4) puts a paragraph in a \begin{center}
\end{center} pair, thus introducing additional whitespace. This is why
Herberts Tips and Tricks recommend \centering.

The following line binds the ^-Shift-B key to "insert a figure-float with
centred graphic-file".

\bind "C-S-B"     "command-sequence float-insert figure; break-paragraph;
ert-insert; self-insert \centering ;inset-toggle;graphics-insert"

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de