Hello Georg,

Please excuse the delay, I am not subscribed to lyx-devel. I managed to isolate
the problem in a small file (attached).
I guess it is not related to longtable because when I replace all instance of
"longtable" with "tabular" inside the tex file, Tex2lyx crashes the same way.

One question please: I managed to convert one documentt (without tables) but I
have a problem with the converted formulas: most of them have brackets {}
around each and every character. Is there a way I can get rid of those brakets?

Thanks,
Abdel.

Re: [Bug report] tex2lyx crash

Georg Baum
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:48:13 -0800

Am Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2005 16:15 schrieb YOUNES Abdelrazak
(M3SYSTEM):

> I am trying to convert word document to lyx via OpenOffice, writer2latex
(http://www.hj-gym.dk/~hj/writer2latex) and tex2lyx because this is the
only way I know to preserve math formulas. If you know any other way, I
will be pleased to know.

This is the best way I know of.

> The tex2lyx program crash with the following output and the lyx file is
empty.
> Relyx doesn't crash but gives a fatal error (output following).

Could you please post a minimal .tex file that makes tex2lyx crash?
Without that, we can't help much.

> horizontal longtable positioning '[l]' ignored

longtable support is unfortunately not complete yet.

Georg

__________________________
Abdelrazak YOUNES
GNSS Team
Navigation Domain
Tel: +33 1 69 88 74 07
Fax: +33 1 69 88 73 07
__________________________

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and
intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any
unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on
the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard
copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.