On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:33:23 +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Amir, nice to hear from you again!

Hey, JM!

> Amir> And I, having learned OO Perl to write reLyX...
>
> Currently, one of the hot topics is getting rid of reLyX, since we
> have no perl hacker anymore :)

Yes, well, if reLyX only as good as it was when I left it several
years ago, I hope you take it out behind the barn and shoot it!  I
mean, not only was it sitting on top of Text::TeX v0.01 (which AFAIK
never progressed any further and had known bugs), it was also the
project I learned OO Perl with. Yuck!

In the meantime, I found a much more useless hobby of Perl Golf.  Gave
that up for my second-to-latest (and completely useless) project,
translating (Infocom-ish) Z-machine files into Perl, which was
supposed to develop into making Parrot able to read Z-machine files
directly.  Only I left that for my current project, which is doing no
programming at all because I am totally overwhelmed with (a longer
commute and) having two kids.  I've heard rumors that some people
actually had three (like my parents) but I'm sure that's an urban
legend. But I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the LyX
creature.

Anyway, good luck.

-Amir