>>> Alternative wild idea:
>>> Click on the version number hyperlink to show otherwise hidden data
>>
>>   If you want to fiddle with javascript, I would expect. It can be done
>>   with css but then the exploder would require lots of tweaks.
>
> Hmmmm. I was thinking along the lines of

> Of course, I've no idea if this could be made to work; I've just been
> reading a new book on XHTML ;-)

Ok. Very crude proof of concept at
 http://www.devel.lyx.org/~leeming/www-user/archaeology/lyx_timeline.php

Click on the first checkbox in the table (LyX 0.5-0.6) and press "Submit"
at the bottom of the table. The text " This the only reference that I
found on the web to LyX 0.6." appears.

Uncheck the checkbox and press "Submit". It dissappears.

This could be turned into something quite coherent quite easily I think.
Question is, do you like the idea?

--
Angus