Hello,

(maybe I'm asking in the wrong list, please guide me to the right one, if this
is the case)

I am preparing the next version of my document

Document processing with LyX and SGML

to be seen in

http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/

Among many corrections and improvements, I am writing a chapter on
"Localization". I am currently putting the pieces of this puzzle together
(there are so many tools involved - keyboard, LyX, sed, awk, Perl, Openjade,
Jadetex, Pdfjadetex, TeX, LaTeX, lynx, DSSSL stylesheets...) and each one plays
its role in "font encoding", "character set", "keyboard map", "input
encoding"...you name it.

I would like to include the sections:

- Setting up the X keyboard
- International support

(including their subsections) from the lyX User Guide in my document. I will
give Credit to the LyX Documentation Team, or whoever holds the rights on it,
in whatever form you deem appropriate (I currently plan an SGML "info" box at
the start of the "Localization" chapter and an entry in the Credits section
(http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML/credits.html)).

My question is:

Am I allowed to do it? Who decides? What is the licence of the LyX User Guide?

I am using LyX 1.2.0, so I am referring to the User Guide that came with that
version. However, I would like to be able to use updated versions of those
chapters, should my version of LyX change and/or new insights are gained.

My document is under the GNU Free Documentation Licence, so including those
sections would (preferably) mean that they can be changed freely in the future,
as the author and future readers add their experiences with those subjects. Is
this O.K?

In a synthetic work like this, being able to put pieces together from other
sources, without having to rephrase just to convey the same technical
information,  is a great help and would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

--
Regards

Chris Karakas