On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 19:08 +0100, Andreas Klostermann wrote:
> Well, at the moment I only intend to get more of a feeling for the code,
> investigate
> this nasty crash in the document dialog and maybe do a few cosmetic (=small)
> improvements. The lyx gtk frontend currently makes me afraid of my mouse
> wheel since
> the scrolling behaves a bit strange when using it!

The document dialog crashes because it doesn't exist.  In the gtk
frontend, the xforms dialog is invoked for those dialogs that haven't
been done in gtk yet.  For some reason the xforms document dialog
crashes in the gtk frontend: there's no reason to worry, since this will
become a none-issue when the gtk document dialog is done.

In fact, the gtk document dialog is what I'm working on at the moment.
Really, really slowly.  Damn real life.

As for the scrolling, please go ahead and try to fix that.  I worked on
it a while ago, but couldn't quite figure out what order things were
getting called in, got frustrated and gave up in favour of other things.
The relevant code is in src/frontends/gtk/GWorkArea.C, particularly the
GWorkArea::setScrollbarParams and any others that touch the vscrollbar_
widget's associate adjustment object.

Oh, and by the way, I agree about a GTK+ frontend being a good thing :-)
But I'm a rabid, foaming at the mouth GNOME user, so people probably
shouldn't listen to what I say.

John