Dear Angus,

I noticed that graphics preview does not work on the Win32 platform.

According to the debug output, graphics conversion works well and a PPM file is generated in the tmp folder. However, after successful conversion, LyX prints the following error message:

  LyX: Something rotten happened while waiting for child 1708.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong? If asynchronous child processes are too difficult to handle on Win32, shouldn't we simply block execution of LyX unil conversion is finished? I guess this would be acceptable for most users.

Michael