Martin Vermeer wrote:
> Are you sure this bug report is accurate?

Yes, 100% reproducible here (in both my trees).

> I find that inserting a note and doing anything with it does nothing to
> crash lyx... but clicking on an end of paragraph gives precisely the
> above assert.

I have found out now that there are several ways to trigger this assertion.
Selecting some text with the mouse is another one.

> Try the following change (works for me):
>
> -       if (row.pos() < end && c >= end
> +       if (row.pos() < end && c >= end && end < par.size()

Yes, this works for me too.

Jürgen

P.S.: There is still a way to stick the cursor. If I put the cursor at the and
of the last paragraph in the test case of bug 1792 and press cursor up, the
cursor moves to the beginning of that paragraph and sticks.