Lars> Bennett Helm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: | I might add: in
Lars> general LyX-140 is unacceptably slow for me on a | relatively
Lars> fast Mac (1.25GHz G4 iMac). In editing academic papers of | mine
Lars> (no math, but a fair number of bibliographical citations) I can
Lars> | easily type faster than characters display on the screen: it
Lars> is | typical to have to wait several seconds for lyx to catch up
Lars> after | typing a single sentence, even with no other load on the
Lars> processor. Is | this typical?

Lars> No... you really have to do some profiling to help us discover
Lars> what is happening.

I think OSX has a nifty profiler named Shark.app that can do that
effortlessly.