On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 07:59:28PM +0200, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:

> John Levon wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 05:34:41PM +0200, Alfredo Braunstein wrote:
> >
> >> This is the "update paragraphs height on draw, use old info for outscreen
> >> paragraphs" rewrite of the scrollbar code.
> >>
> >> The main bad thing about this solution is of course slower startup times.
> >> For the rest seems pretty much ok. Testing very welcomed (and needed)
> >
> > This one works much better. There's still some disconcerting jumping
> > around as the scrollbar gets updated, but there are none of the really
> > major problems with the previous patch.
>
> The jumping is related to something changing size (like images being loaded)
> or something else?

Something else. If I load the User guide and make sure all images are
loaded, then start at the very top and hold down the button so it's
scrolling in 'page increments' you see jumps. In particular when you get
near the bottoim it jumps erratically as the remaining relative space on
the bar is completely wrong: at one point I ended up back at section
6.5, which I'd gone straight past some time before

john