On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 10:57, Asger Alstrup wrote:
> Great! I was frankly a bit surprised that Qt would fire events without any
> reason. Good to learn that it doesn't.
>
> FYI, the native Windows API does not do this either, except if you try to
> use multimedia. When you start a movieclip, windows will process messages.
> Urgh! When you go look in the documentation, there is a small note that
> says so, but such a thing can basically cost days of rework to fix, since
> typically all the code is depending on predictable pathways for message
> handling.

That's nasty.

I do notice a weird behaviour though, which I don't know has anything to
do with the patch (but I cannot imagine how).

Open a new doc in LyX, insert a tabular, and open the tabular dialog
(just to slow things down; the tabular has no special meaning
otherwise).

Then, keep the 'a' key down for a second or two, so it has time to
buffer a dozen or so a's.

Then, lift your finger from the 'a' key, and AT THAT VERY MOMENT tap the
'b' key.

You will (more often than not) see a string like 'aaaaaaaaaabaaa' appear
on the screen.

How did 'b' get to jump the queue?

I don't see this with 1.3.

- Martin