Angus> Hmmmm. Rather than process all pending draw events fully, is it
Angus> sufficient to process the last draw event and discard the
Angus> earlier ones? Ie, we should be computing the metrics() on each
Angus> page-down, but we should draw() only if there is no other draw
Angus> event on the stack. (Basically it seems daft to generate a
Angus> buffered pixmap if it isn't going to be used.)

I really think calling QEventLoop::processEvents with the proper flag
is the way to go.