Angus> Jean-Marc, here's a backport of the 1.4.x changes to enable the
Angus> user to specify a file whose name contains spaces, but only if
Angus> LaTeX can handle such a name.

I have to admit that the length of this patch makes me nervous. Isn't
it possible to devise a `just good enough' solution that could go in
1.3.6?

Angus> I guess that we should also get LyX to use the cleandvi script
Angus> on the wiki pages, no?

Angus> Did you get any where with your enquiries on the tex newsgroups
Angus> about fixing latex itself?

Well I did get answers, but I failed to followup correctly. Will do.