On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 02:47:05PM +0200, Michael Schmitt wrote:

> John, speak to us - we are awaiting your approval.

The edit menu should be kept as short as possible since it's the second
most commonly used after 'Insert'. In particular, the open/close insets
stuff needs to go into the View menu.

I'm also unhappy with the naming. Instead of Open and Close, we should
be using Show and Hide, it's a more natural concept here. I'm also not
ecstatic about the use of 'Inset' here, but I can't think of a better
phrase.

Really we don't need a submenu when it's in View (for stdmenus.ui). We
also need the menu entry to be dynamic depending on whether the current
inset is open or not, i.e.

'Show Math Inset' OR 'Hide Math Inset'
'Hide All Insets'

I'm dubious as to the utility of a menu entry for only the current
inset. What's the point? It would also mean we could avoid implementing
the above.

Can you send a patch without this particular change first off, so it can
be applied?

regards
john