Hi folks,
I frequently get short .doc or .wpd files that get converted to tex with wv or wp2latex. The latest versions of both are now working quite well. Import file lists all of the possibilities that I have conversion software installed for, but Insert file does not.

It would be more convenient if I had to option of Importing a file to the current document. As things now stand (1.3.5) I have to:
1. run wp2latex if it is a .wpd file to create a .tex file
2. Import the .tex file or the .doc file
3. Insert the file in the master document
4. Clean up the mess.

I tried adding a converter for wp2latex but clicking on New under converters does not seem to work. It would be nice if lyx would check for wp2latex and set up the converter.

Well, as long as I'm complaining, it would be nice if the README or INSTALL file listed the external packages, like wv, that enhance the utility of LyX. At present, the only way of discovering this is to look at the configure output to see which packages it is checking for. My guess is that a lot of users don't even know that they can import .doc files.

Cheers & Thanks

Garst