Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 10:56, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
>> Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> | Which problem?
>> >
>> | I have the feeling that pruning repeat key events is not wrong in
>> | principle, but at best not needed. Without it, you know precisely
>> | (under my scheme) that keeping the PgDown key down for 0.5 secs will get
>> | you 10 screens lower, only a few of which will actually be displayed due
>> | to the X coalescing behaviour.
>>
>> Do you want that? To not know exactly that when you release the button
>>  scrolling stops. I just hate it when the cursor or screen continue to
>>  move after key release.
>
| It doesn't really. It just finishes the ongoing screen rendering (if
| any) and then does the final one. And the scroll bar is all the time
| almost up-to-date. It's feels very predictable.
>
>>  (More precisely: if a screen refresh
>> | takes 0.4 s and key repeat is 20/s, every 8th screen will be rendered,
>> | plus-minus, including the final one when you lift your finger.) Under
>> | your scheme, scrolling will be equally regular (right?) but slower.
>>
>> No. Not slower, but "synchronous".
>
| It cannot be equally fast if it renders every screen. It's the
| coalescing that produces the speed-up.

Key events are not coalesced (or have you dont something I have not
noticed?) without my patch. Sure my patch also
does not do it, but it could... Note that pruning is only done if
the screen update cannot keep up with the incomming keyevents. So as
such we could make the keyevent timer auto adjusting.)

How fast is the Qt event loop?

is it possible to register a function that is run on every iteration?

--
        Lgb