On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:36:22AM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> I tried first to book through KLM, where my wife has a substantial
> number of fly miles that will soon expire. This was last Sunday evening.
> The KLM bonus programme threw me to Air France, where the trouble
> started. How do these folks manage to operate aircraft, when they don't
> even manage servers on the Earth's surface?

Well... Air France is fun.

Aircraft on runway, strange noises from below. Pilot speaks (in English,
no less...) "There are some problems with the computer. We will restart
it and if that doesn't work, we'll call an engineer."

It seemed to have worked. No engineer needed.

On the day of the return flight there was a strike of ground personnel
scheduled to start at 12. Flight was supposed to leave at 11 something.
I called there the day before and was told that, of course, our flight
will be ok.

We spent two more days in Porto...

Andre'