Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Is it especially LFUN_TABULAR_INSERT that should be disabled in this
> case? I do not see what is special with this case.
>
> It is not that I am really against the patch, I just want to know.

Inserting a tabular on several (selected) cells does not make much sense. In
1.3.x, the tabular is inserted in the last of the selected cells, just by
chance probably. In 1.4, it first didn't work at all, then it cutted the
contents of the selected cells and copied them into the nested tabular, not
it fails again.

We can restore the 1.3 behaviour if we want, but that will require extra
coding, and I do not see why that should be necessary. I think people
should put the cursor to the cell where they want to nest the tabular into.

Also, inserting of several other insets is already disabled over multiple
selected cells (because LyX crashed). I think it is consistent to disable
tabular too.

Does this make things clearer?

Jürgen