On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:11:53PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Done. Please test. I also changed inheritance from MathNestInset to
> MathGridInset in order to get the corner markers.

That's wrong IIRC. You can add corner markers by calling
metricsMarkers[2] and drawMarkers[2] to any inset  (the '2'
version is for corners everywhere, the unadorned version only
for lower left and lower right corner).

> Otherwise it is impossible to delete a color inset by pressing
> backspace at the beginning.

The responsible code is LCursor::pullArg which should work for e.g.
any MathNestInset, even for such that are not a MathGridInset.

> The disadvantage of this patch is that user defined colors are not
> editable in LyX anymore. They are correctly read and written, so that
> you don't lose data. IMHO the better UI for supported colors outweighs
> this disadvantage.  What do you think?

*shrug* It's a rarely used gimmick as far as I am concerned so I really
don't care. User defined colors means ERT somewhere, so we can expect
the user to use ERT also when using it...

> The only remaining drawback is that the inherited color is wrong
> (black instead of blue) if we are not inside a text box. Does anybody
> know how to fix that?

The MathHullInset some how should change the 'inherited base color'.
Don't ask me how this could be achieved exactly.

Andre'