Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:

> I have problems navigating especially in scriptinsets, where I have also
> tested the colorinsets.

The only problem I could find was that navigating into a subscript with the
down arrow key did not go to the first character but somewhere inbetween.

>> Why? A character style seems perfect to me.
>
> With the minor disadvantage of being less WYSIWYG (personally, I don't
> care about that).

I see. We would need a new attribute superscript/subscript in LyXFont in
order to implement this correctly with character styles. I am not sure
whether that solution or an inset is preferable.

> Attached is an easy (and working) solution. It would be
> better to overwrite CharStyle Subscript in koma and memoir (because these
> come with their own \textsubscript command), but it is not possible to
> overwrite an
> Input'ed CharStyle  (like it is with Layouts).

IMO we should put this on the TODO list for post 1.4.0.

Georg