On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:55:05AM +0100, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:
> > Anyone got a quick fix for this linking problem? The log output from
> > the link is over 5MB, so I only provided a few excerpts. This is
> > on Cygwin, using qt-3 configured with "-stl". Everything compiles nicely,
> > so I think I am only a step or two away from having lyx-qt working in
> > Cygwin.
>
> Don't get you hopes up.
>
> Have you used the same compiler to compile LyX as was used to compile Qt?
> If they mangle names differently, then you haven't got a hope.

I managed to get a working LyX on Cygwin with qt-3!!

I compiled qt-3 from source, following the instructions at this
page closely: http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3/compiling.php

Then, I ran the resulting binary and got the message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"

After browsing around, I found this page which contains the answer:

http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/kde3/faq.php#0xc000005

So, I applied the fix (changed the linker options in src/Makefile by
hand) and re-linked lyx to get a working executable.

Unfortunately, I still can not View->PDF or Export->PDF (same symptoms
as my lyx-xforms binary: an immediate crash).

In order to see if this is a recent problem, I am recompiling a lyx-xforms
binary using a CVS date of "1 month ago". I suspect that some recent process
handling changes may have broken things on Cygwin, since I can not reproduce
the issue on Linux.

                        ---Kayvan