On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:06:41AM +0200, Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Andre Poenitz wrote:
> > At least a fat 'HACK' would be in order. Maybe even a debug message.
> >
> > For a proper solution we'd need something more general handling
> > uncached metrics data.
>
> But isn't the check needed anyway? At least it can not harm, even if we fix
> the cache problems (which we should).

Not sure. I think operations putting the cursor into the dark (like
spellchecking into a closed, uncached insets) should switch on the
light, and we should not bother in all other places whether the light
is on. I.e. 'dispatch()' should be able to rely on a warm metrics cache.

A simple work-around would be to compute the metrics also for closed
insets. Some scaling of these values might even lead to a proper
solution.

Andre'