Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Angus> CONFIGURE="../configure --disable-debug
> Useless on release version

I'm not building a release versionn just yet. AFAICT.

> Angus> --prefix='${LYX_INSTALL_DIR}'
> Should be useless for normal users.

Actually, this is useless for me too. I should use the default
${build-dir}/installprefix

> Angus> --enable-maintainer-mode
> This is set automatically for non-release versions in 1.4.0cvs, I
> could backport that to 1.3.x

Please don't bother.

> Angus> --without-x
> Angus> --with-included-gettext
> This makes sense.
>
> Angus> --with-pspell
> Only --without-pspell does something

Thanks.

> Angus> --with-extra-prefix='${ASPELL_DIR}'
> This makes sense.
>
> Angus> --with-frontend=qt
> This is the default with 1.4.0cvs

N/A here.

> Angus> --with-qt-dir='${QT_DIR}'"
> Useless.

No it's not. QT_DIR is not some global variable; it is defined by my
configure wrapper. Passing this data to the configure script means that
the location is hard-coded into the Makefiles.

> All in all, I think your command line should much shorter.

Maybe. A little. But not as much as you suggest.

--
Angus