Hi everyone. I upgraded sylvan.com over the weekend and have been having
some trouble with getting the anonymous CVS set up again.

I have followed all the instructions, and I am getting messages like these:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] lyx]$ cvs update
    cvs update: cannot open /home/lyx/.cvsignore: Permission denied
    cvs update: Updating .
    cvs update: failed to create lock directory for `/var/cvs/lyx/lyx-devel'
    (/var/cvs/lyx/lyx-devel/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
    cvs update: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/var/cvs/lyx/lyx-devel'
    cvs [update aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

This makes no sense to me. The CVS pserver is being run via xinetd:

service cvspserver
{
        disable                 = no
        port                    = 2401
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        passenv                 = PATH
        server                  = /usr/bin/cvs
        env                     = HOME=/var/cvs
        server_args             = -f --allow-root=/var/cvs
--allow-root=/var/cvs/lyx pserver
#       bind                    = 127.0.0.1
}

I have verified that at the time the cvs server is being run, the environment
looks like this:

REMOTE_HOST=207.215.30.18
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
PWD=/
SHLVL=1
HOME=/var/cvs
_=/bin/env
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) context=system_u:system_r:inetd_t
cvs run with args: -f --allow-root=/var/cvs --allow-root=/var/cvs/lyx pserver
Current directory: /

Anyone got any clues they can lend me? Until I get this fixed, the
lyx cvs anonymous CVS mirror I maintain is not usable. :-(

Thanks for any ideas.

                        ---Kayvan
---
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)
http://sylvan.com/~kayvan | "crown of her husband" | Robin Gregory (2/28/92)