Martin Vermeer wrote:

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 13:26 +0200, Helge Hafting wrote:

I am still stuck on this.  I can't get no_NO to work for
the no.po in cvs.  There are no error messages (or any message different
from when trying other working languages, like nn_NO).  I simply
get english when LANG=no_NO (or no_NO.iso8859-1).

This seems to imply that something is wrong in the no.po
file, but I have no idea what that could be.  "make no.gmo"
gives no error messages, the file is created, but Norwegian
language just don't work.
Helge Hafting

This is utterly weird. Did you create a bug in bugzilla for this?
I haven't done that, perhaps I should.
I suspect the no.po file and some "silent" mode of failure.
All I know about these files is how to translate,
I don't know details of the file format.

Do "export LANG=no_NO ; lyx" give you Norwegian
menus with current cvs?
Is there a way to check out earlier versions from cvs?
(I don't know much about cvs either.)

I could test if earlier versions work, and probably
find the fault _if_ they do.  If not, then
I have to try reverting gcc 4.0, because trouble
started with that compiler for me.

Helge Hafting