> I'll then roll you into lib/generate_contributions.py.

I guess further testing and optimization is needed first?

> #### Adjust PATH for Win32 (Cygwin)
> # i.e., change /cygdrive/c to c:
> #
> # FIXME: necessary? I assume that lyx/win does not like cygwin.
> There's LyX/Win but there's also LyX/Cygwin.

I will add this later.

> checkProg: the name of the executable will be "latex.exe". See "find_exe"
> in lib/scripts/lyxpreview_tools.py. In fact, I'd imagine that this file
> could be renamed as scripts/tools.py and used by configure.py.

There are many platform-dependent things like this. I expect many
"if os.platform == 'win32':" to be added soon.

> Rather than that enormous ..................
> I think it would maintenance easier to output each converter separately:
>
> writeToFile(outfile, '\\converter latex dvi "%s" "latex"' % latex_to_dvi)

You mean after each program is found? Actually, this can be put into
checkProg() as well.

> It's going to be very easy to get out of sync with the code as it is now.

Let us first see if this script is generating the right files under
linux, solaris, mac etc.

Cheers,
Bo